Posted on July 7, 2020
HSC in NSW was the Board of Studies and is now NESA. There are two ways to get an apostille on an HSC document. The first way is to get a copy of the original document notarised by a public notary. The second way is to get the department to stamp a copy of the certificate.
Getting a stamp from the Department will take 7-10 business days and involves filling out a very long form and getting signatures from the person who was granted the certificate. The service also costs $46.70 per document. As of 2020/06/25 the instructions were as follows:
NESA requires the follow to be attached with your request. Please email your request to email@example.com
- The attached NESA Verification form to be completed and returned by email with the request. Please complete the relevant information on the form such as: Students name at time of examination, Date of Birth, School Attended, Credential Awarded (e.g. School Certificate or Higher School Certificate), Year of Completion.
- Please provide a form of identity from the student such as: drivers licence or passport). If their name has changed from the time of examination it is your responsibility to sight their name change documents.
- A signed consent form from the student for release of information.
- Verification Search fee payment of $46.70 ($AUD) per certificate.(Payments by credit card will incur a 0.4% surcharge: GST inclusive) Therefore on the attached verification form please supply credit card details such as MasterCard or Visa. Please ensure the full name of the cardholder, card number and expiry date are recorded correctly.
- Background information about your company.
Once all the above has been received correctly, processing time is 7 – 10 business days.
Please return a copy of this email with your response.
Any further inquiries can be directed to the Certificates Officer on +61 2 9367 8857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Victorian Registrations and Qualifications Authority accepts email requests for verifications. You will need to sign a consent form which we can provide and we will need a copy of your drivers license or passport. We will send an email to email@example.com with all of the documents and processing time is 3-4 days.
A notary will charge $120-$200 for making a copy of the original document but the notary will need to sight the original document. The notary will get the document notarised on the spot so that you can get an apostille.